By default, ssh access is disabled for security reasons, except for use with an SSH key that is under Signetik control. The following steps show how to set up the gateway for ssh access.
SSH key-based access (recommended)
Make the following changes to the gateway
1. edit /root/.ssh/authorized_keys and remove the current public key.
2. edit /root/.ssh/authorized_keys and add your public key.
IMPORTANT: You must keep your private key safe in order to prevent unauthorized access.
Password based access
Make the following changes to the GW
1. edit `/etc/rc.conf` to have the following lines
2. Set your password to a strong password
3. edit `/etc/ssh/sshd_config` to allow ssh access
Replace these lines
4. then restart ssh service
service sshd restart
IMPORTANT: You must keep your password safe in order to prevent unauthorized access.
Setting up your own keys
Refer to Getting Started Guide to setup your own keys.